In the bag


As promised I'm posting some progress pics from the bag I started on Saturday, and would you believe, a finished pic too!!!!! I finished on Tuesday hurrah =) Here I am modelling it on the way to work on Wednesday morning!










But let's start from the beginning =)
When Mum and I first bought the sewing machine I bought a bag of scrap fabrics.
From this I picked out the fabrics in bits large enough to cut strips from.
I ended up with these six blue/black/white prints, to which I added some plain
dark and pale blue.






I sewed the strips together and ironed them out - here are my two sides still warm on the ironing board - then they were quilted and, as you can see, all sewed up and ready to go! =)




I used a magnetic fastening, and a zip pocket - check out the heart fabric (i totally heart that print!)


Hurrah =) I'm so proud of my new handbag - I was a bit worried about how it was going to work out, since I haven't done any sewing for probably 10 years! So I'm really excited and now can't wait to start on my next project =)
And thanks again to Autum at Creative Little Daisy for the inspiration (and tutorial!!!) =)

BTW, that's Yarn Harlot's book in there - I just finished it today and it was a great read =)

besos!!

Comments

  1. Whoo hoo! you go girl! Fantastic job.
    I have had one of those bags on the mental drawing board for a while-I have the Japanese Machine Made Patchworks book which has it in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bag- and your site!!! Thanks for the comment on my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purse is really pretty! I love the fabric you used and the zippered pocket is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...love that bag!! It's awesome...great job!! Thanks for your comment on my blog :-) Appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)