Can't standya Costanza

The Boy bought season 3 of Seinfeld today.
And season 4 last week.
And seasons 1 and 2 before Christmas.
Seinfeld has been pretty heavy on here ever since.

It's odd how it all just comes back to you - astronaut pens, overdue library books, valet parking, saving seats at the movies, the whole lot.
As soon as an episode starts - "oooh this is the one with the ... and the... and Kramer... yada yada yada."

It's also odd how it's all still funny, even after seeing it so many times.



In the year 2007 I resolve to:
Take over the world.



Get your resolution here.



So, I know last week there was a lot of 'New Year bah humbug' going on around here, but it's just that I think people so set high expectations both for New Year's Eve and with resolutions.
Then when resolutions only last for a week it's really disapointing.

That said, it is almost intuitive to pause with the turn of the calendar year and reflect on where you've been and where you'd like to be headed.
So instead of resolutions with the New Year I think I tend to set myself some positive goals for the coming year.
Because 'resolution' sounds hard before you even begin.
In the same way, I never 'go on a diet' - I 'try to develop healthier eating habits' or something - I think it sounds less daunting.

Last year I set two goals.
I wanted to see Robbie in concert, and go to Europe.
Robbie was great, and we have definite plans for Europe in June 07, so in that sense I feel good about last year =)
I guess they might seem like kind of superficial goals, but this time last year I had just finished study (after like 20 years of school/uni) and was more than happy to see where the year would take me.

This year I think I have some more career driven goals for myself.
I am working in pharmaceuticals and really enjoying it, and would love to learn more some of the areas where my knowledge isn't as well developed as the clinical side.
I'm also trying to be a bit more organised.
Our work comes in cycles - there are definite peaks and troughs in the workload, and now that I've been in the job for a couple of cycles I'm hoping to be able to plan things so that I'm more ready for the peaks and also have something to keep me occupied during the troughs.

Another goal I have this year is to get more crafty stuff done.
The past three or four months here have been crazy, and apart from a couple of projects (advent calendar, bag and granny squares) I really haven't got as much done as I would like.
I really try not to think about it like that, because I don't want to feel like its hard work to be crafting - it should be relaxing and fun - so mostly I go with the flow and ebb, but thinking back I would definitely like to make it more of a priority.

Starting February 1 I'll have a new reason to keep inspired - project spectrum is starting up again! =)
Project spectrum is the brainchild of the fabulous Lolly.
Starting February and running until September each two month span has been assigned three colours or groups of colours from which inspiration is drawn.
I participated in project spectrum for several months last year, and found it a really fun way of trying new things.
As well as inspiration coming from the assigned colour groups, try visiting the blogs of some of the participants - so many pretty blogs and talented crafters!!

February and March are blue white and grey, which is a fabulous coincidence since whilst doing some blog hopping from the participant list I found a beaded scarf which I can't wait to start knitting, and I have just the yarn for it in the stash!

Hurrah for 2007 =)

besos

Comments