Canberra Knitters

For the very first time I went with Liv to S'n'B on Sunday.

I had a really great time, and met some fabulous and talented knitters (including the tres artistic Jejune, who has just started an online Knitting Art store where you can pick up knitter's notebooks, totes and other products printed with her knitting art - seriously too cute!)


I got quite a bit done on the rbpm (on a totally unrelated subject, don't you think Betty looks smashing in that poncho? hehe), I'm hoping to finish the knitting bit this week so I can finish the finishing bits in time for seeing our Betty at Easter time.

Right now I'm playing the waiting game with the movers, they will call the Boy about an hour before they are due to arrive - which should be between 1 and 2 (hello, have these people never heard of Oprah???)



The actual moving shouldn't take much time - we just need to move the fridge and washing machine, Boy's bed and desk, couch and garden seat.

The rest of the week looks busy-ish:

Dining (possibly like a punkrocker) with Bertie tomorrow,

then, on Thurday, Liv and I are going to the Harlot Happening, an event organised by some of the girls from the Canberra Knitters, in support of the Yarn Harlot's Represent tour (which involves filling NYC with knitters and socks in progress, to show that there are lots of knitters out there! - apparently this is hard for non-knitters to grasp - read about it here. =) (YH puts it much better that I ever could...)

besos =)



btw I think days off work are more fun if there's someone to make your coffee and french raisin toast for you...

Comments

  1. Ah haa, I've just figured out who you are in real life ;) Thanks so much for the Knitting Art promo - I really appreciate it!

    See you tomorrow night :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)