You guys complete me*

Over the past week I've read lots of posts on resolutions/aims/dreams for the coming year.

As I've read these posts, more often than not, I've found myself agreeing with so many of the of the goals/aims/dreams of my blogging friends.

In fact, if I made a list it would look almost exactly like Georgie's List (with the exception of the baby growing, of course =)!), and Dood's actions towards "Living the life she wants" have really motivated and inspired me in my decision to make this the year of Getting It Together.

Its like we're all made up many of the same tiny bits. (aah)

But, along with the similarities in what we all want out of the new year, what has really struck me is the way that when we see our friends' lists we recognise that you'd have to be superhuman to achive all of the things - the very same things we continue to beat ourselves up for not getting done.

We're stressing ourselves out trying to do everything, when we can see in others that it just isn't possible - we need to make this the year of recognising that we can't do it all, and take it easy on ourselves, guys =)

*Now, if only someone would complete those gifty mitts for me!

besos =)

Comments

  1. Hear, hear. :)

    I'm all for the sense of can-do the New Year brings, but not so much for the "but I didn't!" twelve months later. We do the best we can--and that is very well indeed (from what I've seen of all these fantastic bloggy people!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise.

    Mitts are looking mighty fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Bron, those mitts are *gorgeous*!! I was so excited to see them, and rightly so!! I love the multi-coloured yarn on a background of white. It's awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you wrote this. It's what I meant by including "breathe" several times in my so-called list. I have to keep reminding myself I'm not invincible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how we expect perfection in ourselves and admire and respect humaness in our friends!

    Its one thing I love about bloggers and blogging: mentoring and supporting each other. That's what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely put Bron. Very nicely put. I don't mind if I don't get it all done. A list just gives me a focus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)