I don't wear hats

aka Taadaa! Shedir is finished!

Really.
I don't.
I'm not sure if its my big head, or the fact that it is specifically the foreheadal region of my cranium that is paticularly large, but hats have just always been wrong for me.

But, in the interest of showing off a pretty new FO, here I am in all my bigheaded, hat wearing glory.
(just focus on the hat, ok?)


(teehee this shot looks like someone did a really bad job of superimposing a beanie-wearing bowling ball over a picture of someone wearing the Boy's hoodie! teehee)

The official Shedir 411:
Pattern:Shedir - Knitty's special Breast Cancer Awareness supplement
Ravelry link
For:This joins my collection of items for Can Assist
Yarn:Patons feathersoft 8ply in colourway 3914. It took less than one and a half balls.
Needles:3.25mm (a 16" circular and dpns for wen you get right to the top =))
Mods:none - did this exactly by the recipe, but see my comment below re size =)
Comments:Mmmm this is so soft, and warm too =) The pattern is well written and was easy to follow. I love the way the decreases make star on the top - so clever! =)
(Eeeek, seeing these pics its also really obvious how much this guy needs a good blocking to even out some of those stitches in the crown.)

You can also see that I've got the ribbing folded up, since it was a little bit bigger than even my big head needed - I think if make another, with this yarn at least, I'll only do 4 repeats of the cables, instead of 5.

I thought about reducing the size as I was knitting, but decided to err on the side of caution after reading that some people who cut out a repeat then found it was a bit on the too small side.

Since I neither ski nor board, this is as close to snow bunny as I get =)

I promise I've got something much better looking for you tomorrow =D

besos =)

Comments

  1. I love it! I've heard talk of this pattern but have never really looked closely at a finished one. It's absolutely beautiful and it looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Kuka - it's just gorgeous. I'm told that too big is good for chemo caps so they don't rub on sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is stunning! Not sure how you can top that, really! It's fab!

    (I also don't have a head for beanies. Such a shame as there are so many great patterns like this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is just perfect. And I think it suits you! You may have to make one for yourself I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kuka! I adore this pattern and its been on my to-do list for ages.

    And for the record, I think it suits you fine ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)