sew dressy

A couple of weeks ago I was totally inspired by George's flashing around of her very ace sewing.

Since then I've been a bit obsessed with starting some ace sewing of my own.

Last week I went on a little road trip and took advantage of the Spotties $40 off sale for some fabric stash enhancement, and over the past few evenings I've finally had the chance to get the good scissors out and fire up the sewing machine.

Taadaa!
Well, not exactly 'taadaa', you know, since it's still buttonless.

I liked the pink flowery buttons in the shot there, but I think they're too small.
And, would you believe, out of ALL those buttons in that big jar I have I could not find a single pair of pink buttons!!!

Also, the ric-rac around the bottom in the photo isn't actually sewn on, and I think it might not get sewn on - I think maybe it would just be too much?



I'm planning to finish this baby up tomorrow evening, so we can gift it on the weekend, and I can get on to another little party dress I have in mind =)

xo

Comments

  1. That's adorable!! I love the colors (pink seems to have *cough* grown on me) and the caterpillars!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ric-rac (it can *never* be too much on a toddler dress!) and I think you should go for one pink and one yellow button - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute! I think the rick rac would look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! agree re the ric rac, in which case pink buttons, but i quite like the yellow ones. and look at all your pretty buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)