pockety skirt

At some point during the week I suddenly realised that I simply could not head into spring without a skirt with pockets.

A quick search around the internets turned up McCalls 5591, which is just perfectly, exactly what I was looking for =)

I picked up the pattern yesterday, and spent today sewing it up in calico to make sure I get the sizing right.



All three views have pockets, I'm making view A.

I also wanted, before cutting into any 'real' fabric, to make sure that a skirt with pockets really was a good idea. Judging by the calico I'm pretty sure that it's going to turn out super cute =)

xo

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see how it goes. My one and only try at skirt making was a disaster (I should have tried calico first). Loving the fact that it has pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so good doing a test - I am much to lazy for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too lazy too. I tend to just use cheap fabric, but then I get sad when the cheap fabric is ruined by a bad pattern, because even cheap fabric can be lovely.

    I have a whole roll of calico - might use it when I do my *gulp* a-line skirt-with-yoke.

    BTW - nice pattern! Can't wait to see the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - I bought cheapo fabric for this one too, but then couldn't bear to cut into it anyway!
    And given the pattern alone cost about $20, I couldn't bear to cut that either so I traced it onto kitchen paper first hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll take a leaf out of your book next time - calico it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I remember looking at this pattern and not buying it because I didn't think I had the mad skillz required. Can't wait to see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can put off starting a project for months but when I finally start I am very impatient, there is absolutely no way I could do a calico test first - I suspect this is why so many of my projects are destined to fail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic already - great idea doing it this way. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)