on top of spaghetti

Today, before I pick out a new recipe book for March, I have one more CSIRO recipe to share: meatballs in tomato and basil sauce (from book 1).

I have never ever made italiany kind of meatballs before, so this excuse to make them was too good to resist.



With the CSIRO diet's tendency toward low carb, this recipe doesn't have any breadcrumbs in it - and i was a bit worried the meatballs would fall apart, or be a bit dry, but after a nice warm tomato and basil bath they stayed perfectly moist and were just delicious!



We had these just with a salad, and to be honest it was a bit sad not to have a pile of pasta underneath to catch all that lovely sauce.
And that's how we ate the left-overs - on top of spaghetti!

xo

Comments

  1. All covered in cheeeeeeeese!!!
    I lost my poor meeeeaaatball!!!!
    When somebody sneeeeeeeeezed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh yummmmy... but I would definitely need to have that with spaghetti!
    I actually have that book but I've never cooked one recipe out of it - whoops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)