baby boy blanky

More baby crafting this weekend (I just can't resist - it's all so little and cute!) - a snuggly little baby blanky for the boy my friend is expecting in early November.



This is flannel on one side, and polar fleece on the other - which is my go-to for new furry feline type babies, but which I have never actually done for a baby of the human variety ;o)



The squares were cut to 5 inches - some are from a charm pack I picked up last week, and the others are bits and pieces from my stash.



Mum-to-be hosted an afternoon-tea baby shower yesterday, and I had to share a cute decorating idea she found on Martha's website (natch!) - tissue paper pompoms.

Photo from Martha's how-to article on marthastewart.com


She had 3 or 4 in beautiful bright colours hanging together, destined for baby's room, and they just looked so pretty! I think I might need a couple in the garden room for the summer =) (incidentally, I bought Jamie Durie's new magazine today, and there were some featured in one of his 'outdoor rooms' - retailing for $48! Outrageous!!)

Comments

  1. That'll be so super soft and snuggly! Perfect for a little bubba. It's hard to find cute flannels that suit little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be make a boy a quilt day, I've been doing that too today :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)