Cheesecake ice-cream

I haven't used the ice-cream maker for ages, but I busted it out and dusted it off to make dessert for our New Years Eve dinner.

I had a real hankering for cheesecake ice-cream, and after looking around the net a bit I decided on this recipe.



I tweaked it a bit - I used 2 full packs of creamcheese (the recipe asks for 1.5, but I didn't want the half pack leftover). I also folded through a few tablespoons of my delish strawberry and rhubarb jam when I added the biscuit crumbs.

And no special dessert would be complete without sprinkles - I went with the hearts, but edible glitter would have been perfection for NYE, no? I must keep an eye out for some!

Next time (and there will be a next time - it is amazing) I'll half the recipe - this made LOADS.
Did I mention that I love it?

xo

Comments

  1. Yum! I have always wondered about cheesecake icecream - thanks for this! I had thought of just churning the mix I make for my baked cheesecake - it tastes yummy just like that, so it'd surely taste good frozen, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, looks delicious! I'm a huge fan of edible glitter - we used it on pretty much every meal over Chrustmas (think gold on roasted potatoes...) and have bought it at spotlight before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queanbeyan Spotlight didn't have any - sorry to mislead you :( Nowra do though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)