I quilt :: finding formation




This weekend I finally worked up the courage to baste and quilt my Finding Formation quilt top. It was very nerve wracking, being the first time I've ever basted or quilted anything bigger than a baby pram quilt, (this is about 60" by 60"), but with a bit of patience (and lots of long distance support from my award winning quilter friend Michelle) I managed to do an acceptable job of basting, and the quilting was quilt fun!.


It was also the first time I've done anything other than quilting in the ditch, and I'm super happy with how it worked out!


I am a bit in love with this project, and I can't wait to share the finished quilt when the pattern is released (which will be very soon The pattern is available now! Checkout the Nightingale Quilts blog for more info!)



I'm joining up for the first time with Pretty Bobbins I Quilt Thursdays - pop over to see who else is quilting this week.





Comments

  1. I am so excited to see this quilt in the flesh! Looks like washi tape was the secret to basting success! You're a superstar. And I very much admire your braveness (I'm a wreck when I try something new!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Kraftykuka can you explain the process, I am very tempted to try this type of quilting too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)