Gift quilts

Last week I wrote a tiny bit about the Christmas quilt I made for A - I also made two lap quilts, which I gave to my in-laws for Christmas.

For my FIL I used fabric from Emma Jean Jansen's two Terra Australis ranges and Johanna Masko's Mod Blocks pattern. Obviously the fabrics are absolutely gorgeous and work beautifully together. The pattern is fantastic - it sewed up so quickly and easily, and I think is really striking for something so simple! I promise that this isn't the last Mod Blocks quilt you'll see me sew =)

And for my step-MIL I made a scrappy quilt using a pattern called Swell from Camille Roskelley's book Simply Retro. The fabrics are all by Denyse Schmidt - I have a good collection of prints I'm using to make an English Paper Pieced hexie quilt. I think this would be a fantastic 'bee' quilt - the blocks are so quick and simple, and the scrappiness works really well.

Here's a little peek at the backs and binding - for the Swell quilt I used a pretty Denyse Schmidt print on the back, and a Bonnie & Camille one for the binding. The backing of the Mod Blocks quilt is a pretty fabric with tradition Australian flora highlighted with gold, and the binding is by V & Co.

I loved making both of these so much, and hope they will be treasured in their new home!

Xo

 

Comments

  1. Both quilts are beautiful. Your FIL's quilt is so effective with use of print! I love that one especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)