Sunday, January 18, 2015

Gift quilts

Last week I wrote a tiny bit about the Christmas quilt I made for A - I also made two lap quilts, which I gave to my in-laws for Christmas.

For my FIL I used fabric from Emma Jean Jansen's two Terra Australis ranges and Johanna Masko's Mod Blocks pattern. Obviously the fabrics are absolutely gorgeous and work beautifully together. The pattern is fantastic - it sewed up so quickly and easily, and I think is really striking for something so simple! I promise that this isn't the last Mod Blocks quilt you'll see me sew =)

And for my step-MIL I made a scrappy quilt using a pattern called Swell from Camille Roskelley's book Simply Retro. The fabrics are all by Denyse Schmidt - I have a good collection of prints I'm using to make an English Paper Pieced hexie quilt. I think this would be a fantastic 'bee' quilt - the blocks are so quick and simple, and the scrappiness works really well.

Here's a little peek at the backs and binding - for the Swell quilt I used a pretty Denyse Schmidt print on the back, and a Bonnie & Camille one for the binding. The backing of the Mod Blocks quilt is a pretty fabric with tradition Australian flora highlighted with gold, and the binding is by V & Co.

I loved making both of these so much, and hope they will be treasured in their new home!

Xo

 

1 comment:

  1. Both quilts are beautiful. Your FIL's quilt is so effective with use of print! I love that one especially.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)