EllaFunt Cardigan



 
I'm not sure whether it's the cooler nights we start to get, or the fact that I'm sick of summer and dreaming of cardigan weather, but each year around this time I get a bit obsessed with knitting. As always I have a long long 'to knit' list and am busting to start new things, but I'm also feeling really keen to finish some projects that have been hanging around - a side effect of knitting for someone who will grow out of things I think! And so the EllaFunt cardigan (here on ravelry) I started last Easter is all done.

One of my favourite things about this is the yarn! My friend Penny (happy spider knits) was selling little kits of hand-dyed wool with this pattern in mind, so there was the main colour and then tiny skeins of the colours used in the yoke - such a fantastic idea! And I am in love with the effect of the green!! It is kind of heathered rather than a solid colour - so pretty! I did add the navy blue from my stash, as I was making a larger size than the kit was for and worried I might run out of the green (I think I would have been fine). Speaking of size, there are loads of comments on Ravelry from people thinking they must have messed up their gauge because their cardis have come out so big - but actually if you look at the chest circumference I think the sizes (in terms of age) are really generous. This is the 6-12 month size and has quite a bit of space (and length).

So it's a definite win! Amelia wore it to lunch with some of our yarn-appreciative friends on Friday and as soon as she got out of the pram a lady at the next table commented on what a lovely cardi she was wearing =) I'm thinking about making another one for next year, switching the elephants out for another pattern. For now I have a 'Granny's Favourite' cardigan on needles, and am loving it! It's mustardy yellow, squishy 8 ply and feels like autumn =)

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a nice day =)